MAKE YOUR PASSION
There are loads of jobs in the fitness industry. Gym instructor, fitness trainer, Yoga teacher, swimming coach, Pilates instructor… The list in endless! However, the ultimate job in the fitness industry is – without a doubt – being a personal trainer. Why do we say this? Read on to find out…
What is a personal trainer?
A personal trainer is a fitness professional who is responsible for training every part of their clients’ bodies. Apart from an in-depth knowledge of exercises and how the body reacts to these, they also are intimately aware of nutrition principles. This is because they know that the exercises you do are only as good as the food you put into your body. Personal trainers know that exercise and nutrition go hand in hand. You can’t have a good exercise programme and a bad diet. The opposite is also true.
What are the skills that a personal trainer needs to have?
According to the National Federation of Trainers, a personal trainer – in fact any fitness trainer – must be:
- Knowledgeable about human anatomy and physiology,
- Au fait with how to design exercise programmes for groups and individuals,
- Aware of the necessity of conducting regular screenings with their clients,
- Passionate about helping their clients reach their health and fitness goals and, most importantly,
- They must be able to motivate their clients to get to gym in the first place!
What’s the next step to becoming a world-class personal trainer?
To get be able to pick and choose which personal trainer jobs you want, you need to have a personal training qualification under your belt that is widely recognised.
We, at Trifocus Fitness Academy, offer three study options for personal training. These are locally accredited through the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as well as the Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority (CATHSSETA).
Our courses are also internationally recognised through the Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa (REPPSA). This means that you’ll be able to take your personal training qualification anywhere. See the world as a personal trainer on a cruise liner, open up your own personal training business… The world is your oyster!
Personal Training Course
The Personal Training Course is Trifocus Fitness Academy’s newest and best offering in terms of personal training courses. It is very competitive in terms of pricing and – best of all – you will be able to finish it in as little as 3 MONTHS! This means that you’ll be able to pursue your passion – and become a personal trainer – in less time than it usually takes.
Modules on this fitness course include:
- Understanding how to perform health screening procedures on your clients,
- Designing exercises programmes for your clients that are most suitable for their needs including persons with special needs,
- Crafting the ultimate nutrition programmes for your clients that will best suit their exercise regimes and genetic make-up,
- Learning how to motivate your clients so that they stick to your well-thought-out programmes,
- Understanding how to apply holistic wellness principles to the coaching of your client,
- Getting to grips with fundamental entrepreneurship principles so that you will be able to run your fitness business like a pro!
For more information on this Personal Training Course, and how to register for it, click here.
Personal Training Certification:
This personal training qualification covers all the fundamentals that any personal trainer worth his or her salt needs to know like the back of their hands.
Our personal training certification is accredited locally – through CATHSSETA as well as SAQA – as well as internationally through REPSSA. This means that you’ll be in line for personal training jobs anywhere in the world when you have qualified with our personal training certification.
Personal Training Diploma:
This is the crème de la crème of study options for personal training at Trifocus Fitness Academy. Encompassing all the fundamental modules to be found on the personal training certification, our personal training diploma takes it to the next level with specialised learning modules such as designing exercise programmes for pregnant women and special populations, as well as knowing how to periodise the training year. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
Need more convincing? The fitness industry is booming worldwide so if fitness is your passion, and you want to become a personal trainer, you need to sign up for one of Trifocus Fitness Academy’s accredited fitness courses. Click here to fill in our enquiry form and one of our sales consultants will get back to you shortly to tell you why you NEED to choose Trifocus Fitness Academy!