For those who know how, using social media to get your personal training brand out there – and to reach your target audience – can make all the difference to your fitness business. But with so many campaigns being pushed on social media platforms by your competitors, it can be a little difficult to make your brand stand out among the rest.
What you need is a toolkit of useful techniques that can use to get you noticed on social media. The good news is that there are tonnes of them. Here are but a few that will make all the difference to you.
1. Craft Social Media Platform-Specific Content
If you are spreading your efforts over multiple social media platforms, it can be tempting to save time and energy by publishing identical posts through multiple channels. This is especially in the case of small fitness businesses that don’t have the benefit of an in-house marketing team.
However, by making minor changes to your content – particularly where images are concerned – and tailoring it to each platform you post it to, you will increase customer engagement and stand a better chance of reaching the right audience. Nicole Langsford, who is a specialist in the social media space, talks how to vary your content on social media:
“To vary the type of content you post, make use of the 80/20 rule. Use 20% of your content to promote your brand and the other 80% to provide your audience with interesting content that engages them and promotes the start of a conversation. People go on these platforms to be social, so give them sharable content that adds value to their social media experience.”
2. Use Older Content
Do you remember that fitness post that you published a year ago that got so much attention? Why not give it another round? Reviewing older posts to see which ones enjoyed the most popularity will help you generate interesting and successful content for your social media campaigns. The great thing is that you will generate great content with less effort.
Remember though to make a few changes to re-purposed content. Avoid any topical subjects that may not apply at the present time. Try to throw a relevant spin on your re-purposed posts to keep them interesting.
3. Mix Up The Length Of Your Posts
While it is true that shorter posts are better for holding the attention of your audience, you may find that you’ll benefit from mixing the length up a little. This is especially true for instructive or descriptive posts. It is a good idea to keep the posts – that are geared towards advertising – as short as possible while still being informative. Be sure always to include a call to action. Topical posts can vary in length depending on their purpose.
Ensure to structure longer posts into bite-sized chunks to make them more readable. You don’t want to force your target audience to have to work through your content.
4. Be Interactive And Stay Positive
Keeping up with customer engagement by answering questions and replying to comments on your posts is one of the most powerful tools provided by social media. This means it’s essential to make sure that you take advantage of it.
Be vigilant. Make an effort to respond to comments as quickly as possible. If you do this your campaign will stand out among the others. Watch this video for tips on how to follow up with potential clients.
Call Trifocus Fitness Academy For Details On Their Fitness Courses
If you would like to find out more about enrolling in fitness business courses that will get you a head-start in establishing your own sports administration and personal trainer business, feel free to contact a consultant from Trifocus Fitness Academy or take a look at our website today. We highly recommend that you have a look at our Entrepreneurship Course which will teach you the fundamentals of starting your own fitness business. Specifically, we look at:
- How to understand the elements of a business plan,
- The art of matching new venture opportunities to market needs,
- How to determine financial requirements of a new venture,
- The preparation stages of producing a business plan for a new venture, and
- The nitty-gritty of compiling a business plan.
For more information, follow this link.