MAKE YOUR PASSION
Gym Instructor Course
Becoming part of the Fitness Industry is now easy with Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Gym Instructor Certification. If you have a passion for fitness and – don’t know where to begin – then our Gym Instructor Certification is just for you!
Instructing at a gym allows you to gain fundamental knowledge to break into the Fitness Industry quickly and effortlessly. Our easy-to-follow Gym Instructor Course is packed with loads of informative material about anatomy as well as how to recommend exercises, look after a fitness facility and lead a fitness session!
This course will leave you excellently trained and ready to start your new career as a gym instructor.
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Gym Instructor Course is available through correspondence or online learning.
Your course pack is inclusive of:
- A learner book
- Assessment books (correspondence only)
- A branded bag
- A sports cap
- A branded T-shirt
Course modules include:
Anatomy and physiology
• Identify the anatomy of the human body.
• Explain how joints, bones and muscles move.
• Describe how common exercises work.
Leading an exercise session
• Assist fitness participants to workout to music in a group exercise class.
• Lead fitness participants safely and effectively through a structured or choreographed group exercise class.
• Demonstrate the communication skills required to effectively teach a group exercise class
Looking after a fitness facility
• Explain what a ‘health-related’ multi-disciplinary team is.
• Describe how a fitness facility operates.
• Describe legal and ethical business practices.
Recommending an exercise programme for an individual
• Assist clients to develop their training regime.
• Coach clients through the programme you’ve developed for them.
• Demonstrate verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as teaching methods.
- You can now begin studying this Gym Instructor Short Course from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in the world.
- Our online training platform is one of a kind, offering you a completely new perspective to learning.
- You don’t need to hold a Matric or Grade 12 certificate to be eligible to take it.
- Once completed it, the modules can be used as credits when completing the full course in Personal Training.
- It’s also nationally and internationally accredited through CATHSSETA (Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality, Sport Sector, Education and Training Authority) and REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals in South Africa).
This skills course is accredited with CATHSSETA FIT/INSTRUCT/4/0085.
You will be able to work as a fitness instructor/gym instructor with this certificate, locally and internationally, as REPSSA has accredited it with 8 points.
The Course Fee Includes:
- Assessment documents
- Log in codes
- Learner guide (manual)
- Student Card
CATHSSETA accreditation code: 613/P/000193/2012
How to learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
We offer an online learning platform that is cutting edge. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Progress trackers
- Thousands of slides with informative and colourful images
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos, including exercise and anatomical footage
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning. With this option, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
R2 800 Deposit
R1 350 (2 months)
R5 500 Total
R2 800 Deposit
R1 550 (2 months)
R5 900 Total
Save R1 062
Gym Instructor Course
Take your first step into the fitness industry by becoming an accredited Gym Instructor.