MAKE YOUR PASSION
Personal Training Diploma
Are you considering a career in health and fitness? Can you see yourself helping clients to achieve their personal fitness goals?
If so, then Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Diploma is the qualification for you!
25% OFF THE FULL PRICE IF PAID UPFRONT FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE 2018! T&C’s APPLY
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Diploma (National Diploma of Fitness) offers a deep exploration into the science of fitness studies. We take an in-depth look into the biomechanical and fitness needs of special populations so you can offer a broader spectrum of services to your clientele.
Upon the successful completion of the Personal Training Diploma, you will be qualified to work in various fitness environments both locally and internationally; including commercial gyms, international cruise liners, private gyms and home-based private training settings.
Thanks to a state-of-art online learning platform and our comprehensive course material, you will acquire an advanced knowledge of managing the health and fitness requirements of a diverse range of clientele. The Diploma is available online and through correspondence, so you can choose the method of study that works for you.
With Trifocus Fitness Academy’s National Diploma in Fitness, you will be equipped with the highest standard of qualification among personal trainers, both nationally and internationally.
Our Personal Training Diploma is the most comprehensive personal training qualification that we offer. It consists of the fundamental personal training modules in the Personal Training Certification as well as other, more advanced, personal training modules.
Course modules for the Personal Training Certification include:
Anatomy and biomechanics
• Analyse movement biomechanically.
• Analyse the anatomy of movement.
• Adapt exercises – using biomechanical principles – for a particular person.
Anatomy and physiology
• Identify the anatomy of the human body.
• Explain how joints, bones and muscles move.
• Describe how common exercises work.
Sport and exercise physiology
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to resistance training.
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to flexibility training.
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to speed and power training.
• Advise your clients on how to enhance their performance with nutrition.
• Identify and correct people’s misconceptions about nutrition.
• Read and interpret food labels.
• Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring methods.
• Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methods.
• Assess the composition of your client’s body.
• Conduct a screening procedure in a way that takes your clients’ feelings into consideration.
• Interpret the information you get from the screening to determine what exercises your clients can do.
• Help your client set exercise and fitness goals.
• Put together motivation techniques for your clients.
• Use health psychology principles to motivate your clients.
• Help your clients to set short-term and long-term goals.
• Explain what a ‘health-related’ multi-disciplinary team is.
• Describe how a fitness facility operates.
• Describe legal and ethical business practices.
Organisation in the workspace
• Be groomed, keep to a dress code and maintain personal hygiene.
• Know the procedure to follow when you are booked off sick.
• Assess potential risks in your business and make plans to overcome these.
• Give wellness advice to clients.
• Advise clients about how to manage their lifestyle.
• Develop professional relationships with colleagues so you can refer clients to them if need be.
Clientele with special needs
• Identify the different types of disabilities suffered by people in South Africa.
• Describe the causes of physical and intellectual disability.
• Recognise the philosophy underpinning the legislation that applies to disability.
Entrepreneurship in the fitness industry
• Draw up a comprehensive business plan.
• Plan and implement operational procedures for your business.
• Carry out administrative functions, financial and accounting procedures which will support your fitness business.
Exercise programme design
• Design the cardio-respiratory programmes.
• Design resistance and flexibility training programmes.
• Design weight management and body composition programmes.
Sociology and the workplace
• Analyse South Africa workplaces in terms of sociology.
• Analyse the constitutional, legislative and policy issues that impact South African business sociology.
• Examine the impact of sociological issues – in the workplace – on employees.
HIV/Aids in the workplace
• Be able to identify the national policies regarding HIV/Aids in the workplace.
• Detail the national policies regarding HIV/Aids in the workplace.
• Develop a workplace-specific policy on HIV/Aids that is in line with national policies.
Disabilities in sport
• Be able to detail the side effects that people with disabilities suffer from.
• Determine how people with disabilities can be included in sport.
• Examine the similarities between sport, fitness and recreation.
Lead and instruct exercise programmes
• Assist clients to develop their training regime.
• Coach clients through the programme you’ve developed for them.
• Demonstrate verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as teaching methods.
• Maintain safety, hygiene and efficiency in a fitness facility.
• Supervise maintenance of fitness equipment.
• Keep records of when the fitness equipment was serviced.
Health and safety in a fitness environment
• Explain a particular building’s evacuation procedures.
• Explain why safety and fire-fighting equipment is regularly inspected.
• Decide what safety and security information needs to be communicated to staff.
Risk management in a fitness environment
• Design a programme that promotes risk management and safety.
• Describe an emergency medical evacuation procedure.
• Analyse the most common forms of injuries.
Communication skills in fitness
• Produce and respond to written communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Produce verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Respond to verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
Professional values and ethics
• Describe what professional values are.
• Be able to indicate how professional values function in an organisation.
• Describe what professional accountability is.
• Be knowledgeable about the theory of team dynamics.
• Pinpoint the factors which affect team dynamics.
• Review the effectiveness of team dynamics.
Operate a computer
• Describe how a computer is made up and be able to operate it.
• Describe what computer software is.
• Describe how data is stored on a computer.
• Plan a research project.
• Collect data using research techniques.
• Prepare and present the research project.
Course modules for the Personal Training Diploma include:
Personal development training
• Understand intra-personal dynamics.
• Understand interpersonal dynamics.
• Bring about personal behavioural changes.
Advise special populations
• Identify special populations’ nutritional requirements.
• Educate special populations about ergogenic aids.
• Describe the nutritional value heath-enhancing supplementation.
Common injuries, illnesses and special considerations
• Describe the implications of exercise for people at risk.
• Detail contraindications of exercise for people with common injuries.
• Examine the benefits and risks of exercise for people with communicable diseases.
Anatomical and biomechanical characteristics of special populations
• Identify the unique anatomical and biomechanical characteristics of special populations.
• Describe how each special population characteristically moves.
• Examine gender differences in special populations.
Physiological characteristics of special populations
• Explain the physiological adaptations – of special populations – during exercise.
• List the metabolic response – of special populations – during exercise
• Explain the benefits and risks – for special populations – of exercise
Strategies for behaviour change and lifestyle coaching
• Describe what stress is.
• Give advice on lifestyle management to lessen stress.
• Perform lifestyle screening and assessment.
Assessments and fitness tests for special populations
• Interpret data collected in the screening process.
• Modify screening and fitness tests for special populations.
• Develop a unique testing protocol for special populations.
Present information in a public setting
• Research and plan a presentation for the target audience.
• Prepare and organise presentation material.
• Apply technical presentation techniques.
Design, implement and instruct exercise programmes for pregnancy
• Explain the benefits and risks of physical activity for pregnant women.
• Design an appropriate exercise programme for pregnant women.
• Plan and modify exercise programmes for pregnant women.
Periodise training and the training year
• Compare and contrast the schedules training periodisation.
• compare the advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of training.
• Describe the differences in training periodisation.
How to study at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you aren’t able to get to one of our lectured classes, and have access to the Internet, we offer an online learning platform. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Progress trackers
- Thousands of slides with informative and colorful images
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos including exercise and anatomical footage
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning for all our courses. With this, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
- Advanced knowledge over your peers
- Be a preferential job candidate at commercial health facilities
- REPSSA accredited
- CATHSSETA accredited
- SAQA accredited Qualification ID 21890
Course admission requirements:
To be admitted to this course, you need a Grade 12/Matric. If you do not hold a Matric but rather a Grade 11 or lower, the National Certification in Fitness can be completed first as a prerequisite for the course. On qualification, you can continue with the National Diploma in Fitness (Personal Training Diploma).
Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE)
Trifocus Fitness Academy is accredited by ICE according to the Assessment-based Certificate Accreditation Program (ACAP). ACAP is measured against the ICE 1100 Standard, which is an American National Standard.
R22 000 Total
Save R5 500
R22 000 Total
R23 000 Total
Save R5 750
R23 000 Total
R28 000 Total
Save R7 000
R28 000 Total
Personal Training Diploma
The most advanced Personal Trainer Qualification you can achieve!
From R16 500