Exercising has proven time and time again that is holds some of the most valuable mental and physical benefits. However, often the things that prevent us the most from exercising is doing it alone. This barrier can be overcome, if you can’t afford to hire a personal trainer, by having a friend that joins you in those sessions. Read on to find out more.
Exercising with a friend benefits
1. Exercising with a friend is always more fun and it makes you try out other activities than what you are used to. When things we do are fun, we tend to be happier than when we do the things that brings no enjoyment to us. Follow ths advice of Dale Carnegie: “You never achieve real success unless you like what you are doing.”
2. It makes one responsible when you have someone counting on you when exercising. This will mean that the chances of you cheating are less and you’ll be more likely to get down to the gym!
3. The biggest benefit is safety (this will apply more to strength training). Training with a partner means you will have a spotter and he/she can help you through those final reps and sets, and assist with proper technique. This can lead to having fewer injuries. Says Jeremy Duvall: “Weightlifting can be dangerous — very dangerous in fact — when performed incorrectly. The first rule of spotting is to know when to step in and when to stand back.”
4. Exercising with a friend will also make you get more out of your sessions. It will help you to work a bit harder during your workouts and having the competitive instinct will allow you to push your limits, which will lead to an extra set and achieving more out of the session.
5. It will help you to get out of your comfort zone by trying new skills or exercises, like Zumba or a boxing class which you most likely would not have tried alone.
6. Personal training sessions can be costly as well, so by having a training partner you can reduce your cost for both of you with still having the benefits of attention from the personal trainer.
7. Training with a partner will also help with shared goals. It is always wonderful to achieve a goal and so much better if you can be achieving it with someone else. It will make everyday training so much more worth it.
8. One of the best benefits is the social well-being of training with a partner. Social interaction is one of the most important factors for many people who want to exercise. Training with a partner will give you the social contact that you don’t get when you train by yourself.
Why don’t you rev up your training sessions with your gym buddy and acquire in-depth personal training knowledge? Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Diploma will help you do just this!