Many successful people have made use of life coaches and have made mention of how it has assisted them over the years, but some people are still hesitant. A life coach can help you identify what it is that you are looking to achieve with your life.
While many of us believe that we can just do it ourselves, the truth is that additional support will always do a world of good.
What are the signs that you need a life coach?
- You feel lost and confused and don’t know where you want to be. A life coach will assist you with finding your starting point.
- You find yourself doubting your abilities regularly
- You have a concept of where you want to be, but no plan on how to get there.
- You are rethinking your career path and looking to make a change, but how do you take a leap of faith like this? How do you know if it is the right thing to do?
- Your lifestyle isn’t exactly healthy and, as a result, you are feeling drained, tired and unmotivated.
- You’re forgetful and don’t trust yourself to make important life decisions.
- You have a tonne of ideas and you get started with tonnes of motivation but, halfway through, you get bored and it slips through the cracks.
- You procrastinate wherever possible and lack the motivation to get the job done faster.
- You don’t want to spend your time on things that may not work out.
- You need more money which makes it challenging to make life-changing decisions.
Starting the journey
Your journey with your life coach will start with an initial consultation where you discuss the challenges that you are currently facing as well as why you are facing them. Goals will then be defined based on what was discussed and will act as measurable outcomes throughout your journey. Coaching is about looking at what your inner thought-patterns are and how to change them to meet your goals. A life coach will help you become who you are. They’re not here to force you into being anything other than that.
For coaching to be successful, you need to be able to take responsibility for your actions and what you have done with your life so far. You are more than your problems. You are packed with potential and if you are unable to change that mindset, then you will find it challenging to work with a life coach.
As with most things in life, you need to choose to change and follow-through in it. Your life coach will act as a guide along the way, but it is ultimately up to you to determine whether or not this endeavour will be successful.
This process will require a lot of self-introspection and at times may not be too pleasant, but with the right support, you will be able to manage your journey, stay motivated and above all, live a better, balanced, happier life.
If you want to become a life coach and help others along their own paths of self-discovery, then check out our Life Coaching Certification. For more information, please follow this link.